Reciprocating blades are the powerful yet perfect tool that you need for cutting.
Whether it is a DIY project or just your everyday garage work, reciprocating blades make it all easier and less time-consuming.
The big news is, you never have to worry about the material you are about to cut into anymore with these blades since the mighty reciprocating blade can handle it all.
Although choosing a reciprocating blade can get a little tricky and sometimes confusing, with so many options and opinions, I don’t blame you! But you don’t have to worry anymore.
I will be giving you the complete know-how about the best reciprocating saw blades.
- 1 Top 11 Reciprocating Saw Blades Reviews
- 1.1 1. DEWALT Reciprocating Saw Blades, Metal/Wood Cutting Set, 6-Piece (DW4856)
- 1.2 2. PORTER-CABLE Pruning Reciprocating Saw Blades, 9-Inch, 3-Pack (PC760R)
- 1.3 3. Caliastro 9-Inch Wood Pruning Saw Blades for Reciprocating/Sawzall Saws – 5 Pack
- 1.4 4.EZARC Reciprocating Saw Blade Bi-Metal Cobalt for Heavy Metal Cutting 12-Inch 14TPI (5-Pack)
- 1.5 5. EZARC Wood Pruning Reciprocating Saw Blade, 6-Inch Sawzall Blades R644GS 6TPI (5-Pack)
- 1.6 6. Milwaukee 49-22-1129 Sawzall Reciprocating Saw Blade Set, 12 Pc
- 1.7 7. HORUSDY Metal Reciprocating Saw Blade Set / Wood Pruning Saw Blades (10Piece Set)
- 1.8 8. WORKPRO 32-Piece Reciprocating Saw Blade Set – Metal/Woodcutting Saw Blades, Pruner Saw Blades with Organizer Pouch
- 1.9 9. BOSCH RAP7PK 7-Piece Reciprocating Saw Blade Set
- 1.10 10. BOSCH RM618 6-Inch 18T Metal Cutting reciprocating Saw Blades – 5 Pack
- 1.11 11. Diablo by Freud DS005SC Carbide Reciprocating Saw Blade Set (5 Piece)
- 2 Buyer’s Guide For Reciprocating Saw Blades
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Top 11 Reciprocating Saw Blades Reviews
Here I will guide you through the 11 best reciprocating saw blades, with their pros and cons on the line, so you don’t feel lost anywhere at any time.
I will also answer some of the most asked questions about reciprocating blades in the best way, so you can have it all just in one place.
1. DEWALT Reciprocating Saw Blades, Metal/Wood Cutting Set, 6-Piece (DW4856)
Dewalt has no doubt made its name prominent all over the world, with its high quality and up to date tools that make you’re working so easy and fun.
This product from Dewalt is another fine hit in the Dewalt company.
Coming in with a combination set that enables you to change blades as per your demand.
This reciprocating blade set is compatible with all kinds of saw brands, so you don’t have to go on a hunt for the special one.
In addition to all this, you can use these blades to cut through any surface, especially wood, metal, plastic, etc.
Also, with its raker tooth design, it makes it so easy for you to cut faster.
- Comes with a combination set of 6
- Compatible with all saw blades
- Raker tooth design to cut faster
- Cheaply made
2. PORTER-CABLE Pruning Reciprocating Saw Blades, 9-Inch, 3-Pack (PC760R)
Another hit from the one and only PORTER-CABLE’s; they never disappoint.
Yes, keeping their customers happy is their number 1 priority, and they fulfill it by making amazing and matchless tools.
This beast boy is made up of high carbon steel blades to hard and fast cutting work.
Made with so much thought, this is a perfect fit for professionals workers since it has a long yet fast cutting blade of about 9 inches.
And since it’s made of steel, you can already guess its durability.
So I guess there’s nothing that we are worried about now, are we? Well, to answer that, you might want to see the pros and cons first.
- Made of high carbon steel blades
- Fast cutting work
- 9inches long Blade
- Vibrate a lot
- Not durable
3. Caliastro 9-Inch Wood Pruning Saw Blades for Reciprocating/Sawzall Saws – 5 Pack
Caliastro is a small but very well-known company that makes your work-life easy and bearable with its tools.
Never disappointing and always sending in the best of best, Caliastro has set their priorities straight.
Moving on, reviewing these sets of blades from Caliastro, I found them lacking nothing.
From being made with high carbon steel to designed to make your job easy, neat, and quick, this product surprised me.
With five teeth per inch and 9inch all together, these blades come in a set of 5 and include a clear plastic storage bag.
Moreover, you can use these blades with any saw too.
- Made with high carbon steel
- Fast cut system
- 5teeth per inch
- A set of 5
- Compatible with every saw
- Blade dulls in few minutes
- Extremely nondurable
- Vibrates a lot
4.EZARC Reciprocating Saw Blade Bi-Metal Cobalt for Heavy Metal Cutting 12-Inch 14TPI (5-Pack)
If you are looking for a blade with a wider and thicker blade design, I would say this is the one for you.
Don’t believe me? Read for yourself! This new and upgraded saw blade from EZARC has M42 with cobalt teeth, making the blade resist high temperatures on heavy metal cutting.
You can also get precision and stable cutting from these blades as they are wider and thicker.
And with their geometric teeth design and special shank angle design, it can make cutting a lot easier and quicker.
- Wider and thicker blades
- Geometric teeth
- M42 Cobalt teeth
- Gives precision and stable cutting
- 12inch long blade
- Teeth chips off
- Low Quality
- Blades don’t work on metal
5. EZARC Wood Pruning Reciprocating Saw Blade, 6-Inch Sawzall Blades R644GS 6TPI (5-Pack)
Another hit tool by the same world-famous company EZARC. Now Ezarc is a promising company we already know that, so let’s talk about the features of this saw blade right away.
Looking at the blades, these reciprocating blades have outstanding pruning ability to cut quickly and in a precise and smooth way.
Let’s not forget about its high-quality heat-treated chrome vanadium steel that makes the blades durable and increase their lifetime.
Whether it is outdoor gardening, a DIY project, or just your usual work, EZARC blades can cut through anything and also can fit in any saw.
- Outstanding pruning ability to cut through anything
- Precise and smooth cutting
- Heat-treated chrome vanadium steel blades
- Works with every / any saw tool
- Gets worn out quickly
- Gets stuck
- Does not fit all the saw tools
6. Milwaukee 49-22-1129 Sawzall Reciprocating Saw Blade Set, 12 Pc
Milwaukee company has many fans and owns many hearts. With their superb products and up to date tools, it’s hard not to be awed.
Here we have a very in-demand Saw blade by Milwaukee, made with metal and coming in color white; this saw blades work just as good as it looks.
Made thicker and wider for extreme applications, this saw blade will help you cut through anything without any issue.
Since this blade is wide enough, you can fit it into tight spaces easily.
- Made with metal
- Thicker and wider blades
- Allows you to fit in tight spaces
- Defects in manufacturing
- Blade gets worn out easily
7. HORUSDY Metal Reciprocating Saw Blade Set / Wood Pruning Saw Blades (10Piece Set)
Horusdy is one of the finest tool manufacturing company. Even after getting everything right, I still see how much underrated this product is, which is kind of sad.
Let me show you all the interesting features these blades have.
The more, the merrier, right? These blades come in a set of 10, so you can have all kinds of blades for every cutting application from minimum to the extreme.
Working with every kind of saw tool, this product shook me with the high-quality carbon steel that it’s made up of.
- 10 Pieces blades
- Cut for every kind of application
- Works with every kind of saw tool
- Made with high-quality carbon steel
- Not Durable
8. WORKPRO 32-Piece Reciprocating Saw Blade Set – Metal/Woodcutting Saw Blades, Pruner Saw Blades with Organizer Pouch
This beast has made its grand entrance and left us all shook.
Out of all the saw blades I have reviewed here, I must say this one will be my favorite, and I’m sure you will say the same once you are done reading all about it.
Let’s start with the maddening fact that this blade set comes with 32Blades.
Woodcutting blades made entirely with C-V steel Construction for making cuts effortless and quick, while metal saw blades are made of BI-material for cutting metal, again effortlessly.
Compatible with all kinds of saw tools, this set has various kinds of blades from the thickest ones to thin metal ones.
You also get a bonus saw blades organizer bag for easy carrying and organizing.
- The set has 32 Blades
- Separate blades for wood cutting and metal cutting
- All kind of blades from thick to thin
- Bonus saw blade carrying bag
- Blades are too thin
- No blades for plastic cutting
9. BOSCH RAP7PK 7-Piece Reciprocating Saw Blade Set
If you like using different blades for every cutting job, a seven-piece set from Bosch might be it for you.
With its different blades for wood and metal, it sure does sound like a promising tool, but let’s find out first.
Woodcutting blades made of 6TPI teeth designed for more professional and faster cutting, while metal cutting blades are made of incorporate bi-metal construction with reinforced pair of teeth and thin kerfs for high performance and durability.
- Set of 7blades
- Separate blades for wood and metal cutting
- Made with TPI tooth and bi-metal
- Lightweight and durable
- Blades don’t cut straight
- Terrible cuts
10. BOSCH RM618 6-Inch 18T Metal Cutting reciprocating Saw Blades – 5 Pack
Every product from Bosch follows the legacy of the company in its own way, and this blade set from Bosch is no different.
It is made in Switzerland. These reciprocating saw blades come in a pack of 5.
If you need a reciprocating set of saw blades for metal cutting and other professional work related to that, I would highly suggest this product to you.
Made with BI-metal, with a straight back, it is only applicable to metal.
- Pack of 5
- Made with bi-metal
- Professional metal cutting
- Blades are too thin
- Dulls down super fast
11. Diablo by Freud DS005SC Carbide Reciprocating Saw Blade Set (5 Piece)
Sitting on top of the throne is Diablo, with its heart-stealing tools and upgraded machinery that makes everyone happy.
Last but not least, This blade set has some major features that you wouldn’t want to miss out on.
High-performance carbide for greater durability and outstanding cutting performance, these blades now have a 50x longer cutting life as compared to products made of bi-metal.
- High-performance Carbide
- 50x more cutting life as compared to products made of bi-metal
- Set of 5
- Extremely thin metal
- Too flat
Buyer’s Guide For Reciprocating Saw Blades
The main and utmost goal of the buyer’s guide is to make you aware of the important features of the tool you are about to buy.
So that you can pick out your favorite one after going through its features without feeling like you making a mistake or wasting your money at any point.
It sucks when you have to throw out something which otherwise works fine just because the cheap material used to make it starts to tear apart.
That’s why, when shopping for tools, you would want to give special attention to the construction of the tool.
Since it’s what makes or breaks the product, you might want to avoid blades with cheap construction.
Although our foremost goal is to find a reciprocating saw blade, but wouldn’t you like something that goes out in more than one way?
Like instead of looking for a blade that only works for metal or wood, or a blade that only works for metal and wood, you might want to buy one that you can use on any kind of surface; it will save you money and time both, trust me.
Size and Type
When buying saw blades, sizes and types is one thing you should always keep in mind since it’s what makes a blade use-full and useless.
For example, if you get a top-class saw blade with the sharpest blades ever, but if it doesn’t fit you saw tool, it’s useless, or if you buy a good blade but it’s too small to cut the stuff you are working on, it’s useless.
So make sure you never compromise on the saw blades type or size.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do reciprocating saw blades fit all saw?
Yes, Reciprocating saw blades come with a shank that is universal, and it is standardized to fit all reciprocating saws.
How long are reciprocating saw blades?
Most of the reciprocating saw blades are 6 Inches in length, but you can also find smaller or bigger ones.
How thick can a reciprocating saw cut?
A reciprocating saw can cut from 3-12 inches deep.
Can you cut trees with a reciprocating saw?
You can definitely cut tree limbs and branches with a reciprocating saw.
Can you sharpen the reciprocating blade?
Yes, you can sharpen your reciprocating blade, but be careful.
Now that we have reached the end of the article, I’m sure by now you know all about reciprocating saw blades and their important features. Have you already chosen your favorite one?
If not, if you are still double-minded about something, I suggest you read the article thoroughly again; it will definitely help you clear your mind, you may even find your favorite blade this time.